Pueblo of Laguna Administration Building (Map)
22 Capital Dr.
Laguna, NM 87026
Main Contact information
P.O. Box 194
Laguna, NM 87026
Phone : (505) 552-6654
Fax : (505) 552-9675
Karen Chino – HR Manager
Sue Tapia – HR Generalist
Scope of Work
The Human Resources Office (HRO) provides the Pueblo of Laguna with a comprehensive system of human resource services that include, but are not limited to, recruitment, staffing/employment, employee relations, wage and salary administration, benefits, workers compensation and employee record keeping.
The Human Resources Manager, serving as the designated representative of the Pueblo of Laguna, administers Pueblo personnel policies and personnel functions of the Pueblo operations; provides technical assistance to operating management officials in all personnel matters. This includes advising directors, managers, supervisors and elected officials regarding personnel policy and procedures and employment issues.
- Currently maintains all employment related information for over 250 employees.
- Advise and assist all employees regarding the Pueblo of Laguna Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Assist all programs in the job description approval process by in depth reviews of new and changed descriptions. Facilitates the position classification system for all positions.
- Administers and maintains all employee benefits for all employees
- Conducts in depth background investigations on all potential new hires.
- Administers all workman’s compensation claims and unemployment insurance claims and ensures compliance with applicable laws..
PTO, 10 Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, Military Leave, Tuition / Education Expense Assistance, Full access to Wellness Facilities