Pueblo of Laguna Administration Building (Map)
22 Capital Dr.
Laguna, NM 87026
Main Contact information
P.O. Box 194
Laguna, NM 87026
Phone : (505) 552-6654
Fax : (505) 552-9675
Ray Jojola – HR Manager
Sue Tapia – HR Generalist
Scope of Work
The Human Resources Office (HRO) provides the Pueblo of Laguna with a comprehensive system of human resource services that include, but are not limited to, recruitment, staffing/employment, employee relations, wage and salary administration, benefits, workers compensation and employee record keeping.
The Human Resources Director, serving as the designated representative of the Pueblo of Laguna, administers Pueblo personnel policies and personnel functions of the Tribal operations; provides technical assistance to operating management officials in all personnel matters. This includes advising supervisors, department managers, program directors, governor’s staff and tribal council, regarding employment law, policy requirements and personnel procedures.
- Currently maintains all employment related information for over 200 employees.
- Advise and assist all department managers and all employees regarding the Pueblo of Laguna Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Assist all programs in the job description approval process by in depth reviews of new and changed descriptions. Facilitates the position grading system for all positions.
- Administers and maintains all employee benefits for all employees
- Conducts in depth background investigations on all potential new hires.
- Reviews all employment contracts for compliance with applicable employment laws.
- Administers all workman’s compensation claims and unemployment insurance claims and ensures compliance with applicable laws.
- Reviews the staffing patterns, of new and revised job descriptions and verifies grades and salaries as indicated on the approved salary schedule. Also, reviews justifications for new and revised positions before submission for approval; and maintains a current record of all approved positions.